Some people may find it unnecessary to see a dentist if they are practicing good oral care habits at home. The truth is, there are areas in your mouth that your toothbrush can’t reach. If these areas are being left out in your cleaning routine, this may lead to tooth decay. If you’ve never had a professional dental cleaning done before, get in touch with a dentist near 33410 to schedule your dental appointment and keep up with your oral and dental care needs.
Important Benefits of Dental Cleanings
Professional dental cleanings not only significantly improve the appearance of your teeth for a brighter smile. It also has a significant impact on your general health. Poor oral hygiene had been linked to serious illnesses and medical and dental issues including bone loss, cancers, strokes, cardiovascular disease, and many others. Here are several reasons why dental cleanings are important:
- Dental cleanings help your dentist detect early signs of problems such as fractures and broken fillings.
- One person dies from oral cancer every hour in the US alone. Many of these cancers are curable if detected at an early stage during a dental cleaning.
- Your dental hygienist or dentist can remove tooth stains that dull and discolor your teeth that brushing alone can’t remove.
- Having routine dental cleanings can prevent gum disease which leads to early tooth loss.
- Most dental plans cover dental cleanings and by taking advantage of this policy, you’ll save money on dental expenses in the long run.
- There is a strong link between gum disease and cardiovascular disease. Getting your teeth professionally cleaned reduces your risk of potentially deadly heart attack and strokes.
How Frequently Should I See a Dentist for Teeth Cleanings
You must know that plaque formation is a continuous process and anything that is not removed by brushing, it will start mineralizing into tartar within 10-14 hours. Some people require dental scaling every six months or so. Always see your dentist every six months for a regular checkup. Your dentist will be able to advise you on the correct home care to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
Need to See a Dentist Near 33410?
If you haven’t gotten your teeth professionally cleaned, what’s stopping you? If you’re looking for a dentist near 33410 to have your teeth cleaned, schedule an appointment with Dr. Krape Dentistry today!