The look of our teeth affects our self-esteem and how other people perceive us. Yellowish, misshaped, chipped, and a gap between teeth can now be easily corrected with veneers North Palm Beach. Dental veneers are thin custom-made shells designed to cover the front surface of the teeth.
Types of Veneers
Veneers can be made from porcelain or from resin composite materials. Porcelain veneers are better than resin veneers in terms of stain resistance. When considering getting veneers, discuss with your dentist about the type of veneer material that would suit you best.
Problems Veneers Can Fix
• Worn down teeth
• Teeth with gaps
• Teeth that misaligned, irregularly shaped, or uneven
• Chipped or broken teeth
• Discolored teeth that are resistant to whitening treatments
Advantages of Dental Veneers
• Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well
• Unlike crowns, veneers don’t require extensive shaping before the procedure and they are stronger than crowns
• Porcelain veneers are resistant to stains
• Provide a natural tooth appearance
Disadvantages of Dental Veneers
• More expensive than composite resin bonding.
• They cannot be repaired should they chip or crack.
• The process is not reversible.
• A tooth may become extremely sensitive to hot and cold foods and beverages.
Duration of Dental Veneers
Veneers generally last between 7 and 15 years. After this time, the veneers have to be replaced. Veneers do not require any special care. Good oral practices like brushing, flossing, and using antiseptic mouthwash are still highly recommended.
Looking for Veneers North Palm Beach?
If you need more information about veneers North Palm Beach like cost, payment options, and procedure, set up a consultation with Dr. Krape Dentistry for any concerns or questions.